Jump to recipe
Hey! By the way… TheEdibleTerrace is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission and as an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks in advance for your support!
No Vinegar Refrigerator Pickles
- 2 pounds of cucumbers, washed and sliced as you desire
- 5-7 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch of fresh dill – 2 tablespoons of dried dill can be used if fresh is unavailable
- 1/3 cup kosher salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- In a large bowl add salt & boiling water stirring to dissolve the salt. Cool the mixture adding ice cubes, if needed.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl. Add enough cold water to cover the cucumbers.
- Place a plate on top of the cucumbers in the bowl to help keep them immersed in the liquid.
- Taste the cucumbers after 4-8 hours to check for flavor. Taste every so often until the desired flavor has been reached. It can take anywhere from 12-48 hours to get them to taste.
- Once they taste delicious to your palate put them into the refrigerator.
- Note: the pickles will keep on fermenting, however, the process will slow in the refrigerator. They’ll keep for up to a week.