Jump to recipe
Hey! By the way… TheEdibleTerrace is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission and as an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks in advance for your support!
- Blanch the tomatoes by dropping them into boiling water for 60-90 seconds and, using a slotted spoon, transfer immediately into a bowl of ice water to cool. Skin will slip easily from the flesh.
- Once the skin has been removed you should remove stems and core tomatoes. You can leave the tomatoes whole but it you cut them or crush them you’ll maximize your storage space.
- Using a large spoon or measuring cup add the tomatoes to freezer storage bags. Pint or quart sized freezer bags work best.
- Seal the bags making sure to push out as much air as possible so they don’t get freezer burned.
- Store your bags of tomatoes flat so you can add more items to your freezer. Frozen tomatoes will retain flavor for 12 to 18 months