Hey! By the way… TheEdibleTerrace is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission and as an Amazon affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks in advance for your support!
Easy Watermelon Pickles Recipe
- 3 pounds white portion watermelon rind, cubed
- 5 cups sugar
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. whole cloves
- 1 Tbsp. whole allspice
- 3 cinnamon sticks, 3 inches each
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Cut both the red & green parts off the watermelon then cube the white portion. Put watermelon cubes in a large pot with enough salted water to cover.
- Soak the cubes overnight and then drain. Add fresh, cold water to the pot and bring to a boil cooking on low heat until the cubes are tender. Drain the cubes again.
- In another large pot, combine sugar, vinegar and water. Place cloves, allspice, cinnamon and lemon in a cheese cloth bag and add to the pot.
- Stir the sugar mixture over medium heat then boil for 5 minutes. Add the watermelon cubes and simmer about 15 minutes or until translucent. Remove the spice bag and pack pickles in hot, sterilized jars. Refrigerate 2 weeks before using. Makes 4 quarts.